$221,423.00 RAISED! THANK YOU MONTREAL!
It's an unfortunate reality - 1 in 9 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year alone. Lets help make a difference with Shave to Save. Virgin Radio and the Quebec Breast Foundation are teaming up to raise money to help create a life without breast cancer. How do you take part? Raise a minimum of $2000 and a Virgin Radio announcer and a LaCoupe stylist will show up wherever you are and shave your head! Register now!
Plus, you could win a weekly Cadillac Fairview shop! card® gift card from Fairview Pointe Claire.
Special thanks to: LaCoupe Downtown, Fairview Pointe Claire, Joey's Limousine
Shave to Save kicked off in 2000 with a broadcast at Eggspectation – we raised $14,000. Now we are on our 12th year, and your generosity has helped raise close to 4 million dollars for the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation. Men and women, young and old, have shaved their heads for this cause. Thank you Montreal!
- In Canada, one in 9 women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among young female adults: 36% of cancers diagnosed in women aged 20 to 49 are breast cancers.
- In Canada, 1% of all breast cancer cases are diagnosed in men.
- Gaining weight in adulthood increases the risk of breast cancer.
- On average, 445 Canadian women per week will learn that they have developed breast cancer.
- Research has shown that regular physical activity may help in the prevention of certain types of cancers, among which breast and colon cancers.
- Mammography is the most reliable way to detect breast cancer.
- In Quebec, an estimated 6 100 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 400 will die of it.
- In Canada, 88% of those suffering from breast cancer survive longer than 5 years.